Training Coming Soon
ZRW Mechanika is a South African based company (Pty) Ltd and one of the fast growing Photovoltaic engineering specialist. We are also a specialist
wholesaler and retailer selling solar panels, grid tied inverters, battery
storage, controllers and other solar products. As well as experienced and
dedicated staff, ZRW offers aunique and unrivalled product knowledge to
Who is to attend
This course is suitable for people listed below:
- PV installers
- School leavers
- Sales representative
- Marketing staff
1. Basic Electrical Principles
- What is electricity?
- DC and AC Theories
- ‘Terms and Formulae
- Passive and Active Components
- Parallel and Series Circuits
- What is Energy Demand/Consumption
2. Safe Practices in Electrical
- Electrical Engineering
- Solar Engineering
3. Introduction to Basics- Solar Engineering
- What is Solar Energy?
- The Main Solar Components
- What is Solar Irradiance
- The effect of PV inclination to Power output
4. Solar Panels and Mounting Structures
- What is Photovoltaic Process?
- How Do Photovoltaic modules work?
- Solar cells
- Solar Panels Power production
- Solar Panels Testing and Specs
- How Does Shading Affect PV Plants
- Mounting Structures Selection
5. Switch Gear and Wiring For PV
- DC vs AC Circuit Protection
- DC Power Cables
- Wire Type
- MC 4 Connectors
- Earth and Grounding
- Surge Protection
6 Energy Storage Devices
- Lead Acid Accumulator
- Nickel Iron
- Charging and Discharging
- Effect of Depth of Discharge
- Battery testing and datasheets
- Battery Bank Sizing
7. Solar Charge Controllers
- How Do Solar Controllers work?
- Two types of controllers.
- What is an Inverter
- Types of Inverters
9. Basics-Financial investment returns from solar PV installations
- What is the investment rate of return, how is it calculated for solar projects
- How to the different components including temperature, performance ratio, inverter selection, balance of plant influence a solar PV investment return
The Training Staff
QUALIFIED ECSA PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS AND OVER 50 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN FIELD
- Dr K Parker will be the lecturing the theory part of the course.
- Mr A Sibida responsible for teaching the basics and financial part.
- Mr WF Gurupira will be the taking students in practicals.